DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
AIR COMPRESSOR CRANKSHAFT
Models 950BNS and 950BS
a) remove head assembly
b) remove piston and rod
1. A press (1) can be used to remove crank-
shaft (3) from crankcase (4).
2. Put a pipe (2), with a bore larger than 1.03
in. (26.2 mm) and a diameter of approxi-
mately 2 in. (50.8 mm) with an approxi-
mate length of 6 in. (152.4 mm), over the
end of crankshaft (3) and on bearing (5).
3. Push crankshaft (3) and bearing (5) out of
crankcase (4) as a unit.
4. Remove bearing (5).
1. Heat the crankshaft ball bearing in oil to a
temperature of not over 350°F (175°C) and
put the bearing on crankshaft (3).
2. Put the bearing and crankshaft (3) into
crankcase (1) with the crankcase resting on
the large flange end.
3. Outer race (2) of the
the crankcase with a
many locations on
bearing is pushed into
soft metal rod put at
outer race (2) while
hitting the rod with a hammer.
a) installing piston and rod
b) installing head assembly