STEERING CYLINDERS REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
Materials/Parts - Continued
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Lifting equipment, 100-lb capacity
Steering fully articulated in one direction (TM 10-
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III (Item 9, WP
Right or left-side chassis guards removed (WP
Hydraulic system pressure relieved (TM 5-3805-
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-5/40 (Item 34, WP 0206
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 90
Estimated Time to Complete Task
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-15/40 (Item 35, WP
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing any hydraulic fit-
ting. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.