TRANSMISSION OIL PUMP REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Removal, Cleaning and Inspection, Installation
Materials/Parts - Continued
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, automotive maintenance and
repair: field maintenance, basic, less power (Item
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 74
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-40 (Item 33, WP 0206
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use assistance during proce-
dure. Ensure that any lifting equipment used is in good condition and of suitable load capacity. Keep clear of
heavy parts supported only by lifting equipment. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any hydraulic
lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses and plug openings
after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
· Utilize two line wrenches to avoid damage to fittings.