TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
13. Elevated Idle.
CAU T I ON
14. Engine Stalls at Low RPM.
Do not crank engine continuously for more than 30 seconds. Allow start-
ing motor to cool for two minutes before cranking engine again. Failure
to comply with this caution may result in damage to equipment.
1. Visually check fuel tank for fuel (fuel
1. Add fuel if necessary (TM 5-3805-291-
tank may be empty).
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Ensure all fuel lines are tight, properly
1. Replace, tighten, secure, and clean fuel
secured, and free of restrictions.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Check fuel tank for foreign objects.
1. Remove any foreign objects.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 4.
4. If temperature is below 32°F (0°C),
1. If solidified fuel is present, drain and
check for solenoid fuel (wax) in tank.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Check to see if any of the following
1. If procedures are performed, prime fuel
procedures have been performed:
system (TM 5-3805-291-10).
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
low pressure fuel supply circuit, or
replacement of fuel injectors.
6. Check all accessory equipment for
1. Repair or replace any damaged
problems that may create excessive
load on engine.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 7.
7. Perform Fuel System Pressure Test
If problem still exists, go to Test 8.
1. If not all solenoids are being energized,
perform Injector Solenoid Test to
go to Test 9.
confirm that all injector solenoids are
being energized by the ECM and
to Test 10.
correct as necessary.
9. Perform Injector Solenoid Circuit Test If problem still exists, go to Test 10.
N OT E
It is not necessary to swap the injector trim files for this temporary exchange
of two injectors. Injectors must be properly installed and adjusted for this