Safe RO/RO operation depends on strict adherence to RO/RO regulations. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
All personnel working in machine operating areas during RO/RO operations must wear
hearing protection. Failure to wear hearing protection may result in hearing loss.
Machines transported without proper safeguards may incur wind damage. Ensure all
doors and compartments are securely latched and secured against flying open. Failure to
do so may cause damage to equipment during transit.
Exhaust port must be taped closed to prevent wind from entering exhaust system and
causing turbocharger to spin, without the benefit of lubrication. Failure to cover exhaust
pipe may damage turbocharger.
1. Do not move machine about vessel without ground guide assistance.
2. Do not start machine until directed to do so. Before moving out, test brakes.
3. Operate machine with lights on.
4. Only one machine may transit a ramp at any time.
5. Do not leave machine unattended with engine running.
6. A maximum of 25% fuel tank capacity is allowed.
LOADING MACHINE ON SHIP
2. Raise loader arms so that loader arms and work tool will clear ship ramps (WP 0005).