TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Troubleshooting With an Event Code - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
The operator may be operating machine
incorrectly. Talk to operator to determine
events that caused overspeed of engine.
1. Top off fuel (TM 5-3805-291-10).
If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Check fuel return lines for restriction (WP
1. Remove restrictions from lines.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Check for engine overheating (WP 0012 00). If problem still exists, replace fuel transfer
pump (WP 0188 00).
Replace fuel filter element (WP 0035 00 or WP If problem still exists, go to Fuel Filter
Differential Pressure Switch Circuit Test
If a problem with charging system is suspected,
1. Check for plugged air filters and obstructions 1. If restriction or plugging is found,
replace air cleaner elements or remove
restriction from air intake system.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Check for exhaust system restriction (WP
If problem still exists, connect MSD (WP
0005 00) and check for active diagnostic
codes. If any diagnostic codes exist, refer
to Troubleshooting Without a Diagnostic