TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. With engine running at high idle for several 1. If voltage is greater than 18.0 DCV, go
minutes (TM 5-3805-291-10), check battery
to Test 2.
2. If voltage is less than 18.0 DCV, check
2. Check system voltage at ECM.
(a) Run engine at high idle (TM 5-3805-
(b) Locate connector for powertrain ECM
(WP 0063 00).
(c) DO NOT disconnect powertrain ECM.
(d) Measure system voltage between J1-31
(wire 170-RD) and J1-13 (wire 202
BK). Measure voltage between J1-39
(wire 170-RD) and J1-23 (wire 202 -
BK). Measure voltage between J1-47
(wire 170-RD) and J1-57 (wire 202 -
(e) Use Messenger to ensure diagnostic
1. If voltage for each measurement is less
code is active (TM 5-3805-291-10).
than 18.0 DCV, harness has failed.
Replace wiring harness in question (WP
0195 00 thru WP 0201 00).
2. If voltage is greater than 18.0 DCV,
ensure CID 0168 FMI 01 is active.
Disconnect harness connector from
powertrain ECM and inspect all power
and ground contacts for corrosion or
debris. Reconnect harness connector to
ECM. If diagnostic code is active,
replace ECM (WP 0063 00).