TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 4. Implement Control - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
(e) Use messenger to check status of
1. If CID 0487 FMI 03 is not active, initial
0487 03 - Continued.
CID 0487 FMI 03 (TM 5-3805-
diagnostic code was probably caused by
poor electrical connection or short at a
wiring harness connector that was
disconnected and reconnected. Resume
normal machine operation.
2. If CID 0487 FMI 03 is active diagnostic
code has not been corrected. Exit this
procedure and repeat this procedure. If
cause of diagnostic code is not found,
replace implement ECM (WP 0060 00).
N OT E
· The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these
created diagnostic codes and clear diagnostic codes when original diagnostic
code has been corrected.
· Ensure diagnostic code is active.
1. Check sensor.
Disconnect 3rd lever position sensor
1. If diagnostic code is still active, go to
from wiring harness (WP 0219 00).
2. If diagnostic is inactive, sensor has
failed. Replace joystick (WP 0219 00).