FUEL INJECTION PUMP REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Tools and Special Tools
WP 0010 00
Shop equipment, machine shop, field maintenance,
Fuel injector lines disconnected from injection
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figure 19
Estimated Time to Complete Task
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
WARN I N G
· DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections, or maintenance while smoking or near fire, flames, or
sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N
· Wipe area clean around all connections to be opened during removal. Cap lines and hoses, and plug
openings after removing lines. Contamination of system could result in premature failure.
· DO NOT remove hub nut from the shaft of the fuel injection pump. The hub of the fuel injection pump is
installed in the correct position from the factory in order to ensure proper timing. If hub nut and the hub
is removed, the fuel injection pump will need to be replaced.
N OT E
· Tag hoses to ensure correct installation.
· Use a container to catch any fuel that may drain from lines or system. Dispose of fuel IAW local policy
and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.