DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
INSTALL FAN DRIVE
1. Fasten a strap and hoist to fan drive (1) and put
it into position on the engine and install the nuts
2. Install vee belts (2) on the fan drive as shown.
3. Fasten strap (3) and a hoist to adapter (4) and
4. Put adapter (4) and the fan in position and
install the bolts.
5. Install vee belts (5) on the alternator pulley as
6. Use a belt tension gauge such as Borroughs
Tool Company Part No. BT-33-72C or an equi-
valent and make an adjustment of vee belts.
Measure the belt nearest the radiator. Tighten
new belts until the gauge indication is 534 ± 22
N ( 120 ± 5 lb.). Tighten the bolts that hold the
alternator in position. Operate the engine at
high idle for a minimum of 30 minutes. Make
another adjustment of the belt tension. The
correct gauge indication for used belts is 400 ±
44 N (90 ± 10 lb.).
a) install hood